Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 11, 2017

Frantic Friday

It may have been a frantic Friday for The Motivator, but for me it was highly unproductive.

Apart from some more Trades Assistant work and waiting in line for a long time to get grilled fish and chips for lunch, I didn't get a lot done.

I completed an online quote form on an insurance company website and when I finished, it gave me the message "Thank you for completing our survey. We value your opinion."

What the???

So I back pedalled all the way through it and there was nothing anywhere mentioning a survey. The heading definitely said "Get a Quote". All the questions were definitely relevant to insurance quotes - just like all the other websites.

If I haven't heard anything by Monday, I guess I'll email them OR (heaven forbid) phone them and speak to an actual person 😲😳.

Some jewellery that I ordered a few weeks ago FINALLY arrived today, although only about one third of it came in today's mail. The remainder should turn up next week, which is good timing for our opening.

I had a couple of visitors today. Tweedle Dee popped in for a hug and to purchase a pearl and diamonte button to go with her birthday outfit for tomorrow night. Lady Lynn popped in for a hug and to say hellooooooo.

It took me about an hour, fiddling with all sorts of buttons on my iPhone and my laptop, to get my 'hotspot' to work so that I could get internet on my laptop. That was annoying! My hotspot has always appeared on the dropdown list in the past, so I don't know why it was such a difficult task when I needed it most.

Adoring Husband and I caught the courtesy bus to the club tonight and what a lovely surprise to see Rebel Mardi and The Lifesaver there! They have travelled up to attend Tweedle Dee's birthday party tomorrow night (or tonight as you are reading this) so we'll get to catch up properly tomorrow.

I hope that they can squeeze me in, between their many social engagements, and come to see the shop tomorrow morning. Such busy possums trying to catch up with everybody over just a few days.

Having cooked dinner and then given AH his nightly massage, I've watched the football and I now have to clean the kitchen and then climb into bed. I wonder if I'll get there before midnight?

Weariness has descended upon me!

Nite all.




No comments: