Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 10, 2017

We Love Our Space

It's going to be a while before we can open the shop and we are not even close to having everything the way we want it yet.

The new room and walls are almost finished (thank you Adoring Husband) and then we need to paint a couple of the walls. Today, we decided on the colour. We also have four IKEA cabinets to assemble, three of them being all glass.

Our office area needs some work - we rearranged the furniture into a configuration that looks quite presentable, but we have to figure out some storage ideas and we're still unpacking our gear. We're also waiting on some wall art to arrive which will bring one wall to life.


While Adoring Husband is still drilling and sawing and hammering and making a dusty mess, we can't put too much out in the open yet.

The Motivator is going to re-cover two of the chairs.

Then we need to figure out how we want the layout of the shop. That part is going to be fun!

We had an elderly couple wander past our door today and I called out to ask them what they were after. They assumed, by the signage which belongs to the previous tenants, that we were opening a craft shop.

We explained what we were doing and the women told us that she grew up in Burrum Heads and then described what the town was like back then. She knew The Motivator's parents-in-law from those days too!

The couple didn't stay long. They didn't seem too interested when they realised that we weren't selling craft lol.

Anyway, The Motivator and I both agree that WE LOVE OUR SHOP and it's not even open yet!!

Far out, it's already after 11pm. I need sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: