Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Upgrading the Specs

So The Motivator and I spent the entire day together in The Bay.

We had a long list of business to attend to, and we got quite a bit of it done, but not all.

We organised our phone and internet to be connected ... goodness only knows IF and WHEN it can be done, but they'll let us know sometime inside the next 21 days.

We bought landline phones, so let's hope we haven't wasted our money!

We gathered information regarding business partnership bank accounts.

We bought some storage tubs and other minor accessories for the shop.

We bought some work clothes!!  Eep! WORK!!

I've been wearing a pair of prescription sunglasses that are nine years old and my other glasses for distance and for reading are five years old, so my eyes desperately needed testing and my glasses updating.

So I was lucky enough to land an immediate appointment at OPSM where the optometrist was incredibly thorough, paying special attention to the eye that received a minor injury a couple of months ago.

Apart from a lot of deterioration to the sight in in my left eye, both of my eyes are healthy in every other respect, including the injured one. I was even able to see the floater in my eye, which, she tells me, probably won't go away now, but doesn't and shouldn't affect my sight or the health of my eye.

I spent some time choosing three different frames for my three pairs of glasses. Prescription sunglasses, distance glasses and a pair of reading glasses with graduated lenses so that I can read my monitor AND any paperwork on my desk without changing glasses.

We were there for more than an hour!

We were able to sneak in an Aldi shop and a quick trip to Office Works before heading home and it was about 7pm by the time we pulled into my driveway.

I had little time with Adoring Husband before he headed to bed and I gave his back and sore shoulder a good massage before leaving him to sleep.

It's now well after midnight and I have spent the evening editing and playing with our business logo.

I'm feeling quite weary all of a sudden.

Nite all.  

No comments: