Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 25, 2017

Nowhere Fast

Today was one of those days where it took a long time to do not much!

We spent a lot of time on the phone with the bank creating a business account, then a lot of time online printing out and completing all the paperwork, then a lot of time at the Post Office processing the application. Then a lot of time scanning all the paperwork and emailing it, before snail mailing it.

We spent some time reviewing the new logos so that I could message the designer to make some minor changes.

Adoring Husband removed the old blinds and replaced them with the new ones. He drove into town and collected the clean rugs from the dry cleaners and he drove to Craignish to collect our FROG box.

I don't know how we would have managed this last month without him. He has been crazy amazing, continually putting his hand up to help in so many different ways. Sometimes he's been a pain in the butt too, but mostly he has been our saviour.

The weekend is going to be the making of us as we attempt to stock the shelves and do the pricing and make an inventory and create the display cabinet door bells and the front glass door cover and the cushions and hang the wall hangings and OMG the list goes on!

We'll do our best work under pressure! I have faith in us :)

Adoring Husband is going to be at the shed assisting at this weekend's first aide course.

I took photos with my camera today, which I haven't downloaded or edited yet. I'll take some more photos on Sunday night or Monday morning to show the work that we've done.

So much fun to be had!!

Oh and I won $38 in Powerball this week ... a pleasant surprise ... and the first prize has jackpotted to ten million dollars, so I'm going to win that next week. Haha!

It's already after 11pm, so I'm off to bed. So much to do! So little time!


Nite all.  

No comments: