Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 24, 2017

So Little Time!

We left home at 8.45am.

We returned home at 5.30pm.

We spent that time in The Bay and today's check list goes like this:

  • Appointment at the bank to discuss business account options
  • King Kong to get big bells for the front door and little bells for the glass cabinets, journal stands, a big white vase and some big artificial sunflowers for beside my desk.
  • Stocklands for more journal stands, check and buy this week's lotto tickets, change the lenses of my distance glasses at OPSM, drinking glasses and teal rugs from Kmart and beanbag beans from Target.
  • Spotlight for material to cover the training chairs, blinds for the front windows and back door.
  • Bunnings for a bracket to replace the broken one, check the prices of wet/dry vacuum cleaners and find a dead bolt.
  • Aquavue for lunch.
  • Go Natural to get ice cream and yoghurt.
  • Office Works to pick up an order and to buy any other lovely office stuff that our hearts yearned for - because, well you know, it's Office Works!
  • The security shop to check out deadlocks.
  • Big W to get a vacuum cleaner.
That's about it for the day! We dropped off all of our goodies at the shop and checked our mail at the Post Office and finally headed home.

I DID remember to take photos of the shop this afternoon!









Now I'm off to bed so that I'm alert and ready for another big day tomorrow!

Nite all.

No comments: