Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Coming Together

It's all coming together nicely and I still forgot to take photos!

It's been such a long day, I can't even remember what we filled it with.

Adoring husband fixed the door and the leg of the big counter that the previous owner left for us, but then we changed our minds and decided to get rid of the big counter.

Unfortunately, it was too big to move, so Adoring Husband had to destroy it, which was no mean feat. It took a long time, a lot of noise and a big mess to get it into pieces small enough to move and dispose of.

The Motivator received a surprise parcel of stock that she ordered a LONG time ago. Beautiful colourful timber jewellery that we displayed on our new ladder-style cabinets and which look lovely with the Cenzoni leather bags and wallets.

We rearranged the glass top counters and the small cube units. I displayed some of my journals and notebooks on one cube unit, but we ran out of the little display stands, so that's on our list for tomorrow.

Our glass column cabinets look great in the window and it took us a while to figure out where to put the big table.

Tomorrow, we have another day in The Bay with a 'to do' list a mile long, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: