Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 10, 2017

Day Two of 2017 Road Trip

So, here we are at the end of day two and still, we are only 5 hours from home!

We took it really easy this morning, checking out of the motel before 10am but leaving our car in the carpark while we walked to Cotton Tree for breakfast.

The weather was looking ominous and the Motel Manager offered us an umbrella ... just in case ... we accepted her offer, but luckily, we didn't need to use it.

This fabulous little cafe called Raw Energy sat on the corner welcoming us as we crossed the road to the main Cotton Tree shopping area and I enjoyed a breakfast 'to die for'!

I savoured a 'Dragon Bowl' with GF muesli and for a drink, I selected an 'Eenie Meenie Greenie' which contained banana, avocado, spinach, kale, parsley, celery, apple, pear and spirulina. It was seriously the best breakfast I've ever eaten and I felt full of energy all day!




We walked back to the motel and didn't leave Maroochydore until after 11am.

We had no idea where we were going, only that we wanted to find somewhere to head inland. The motorway was busy and fast and full of risk taking drivers. We wanted to get away from that.

Of course, we got a bit lost and probably drove for an hour getting absolutely nowhere, finding our way through Buderim, which was crazy busy, but we finally found the road we wanted and took the inland road via Beerburrum and Woodford.

There was a small town after Buderim where we stopped for our first coffee of the day. The coffee was delicious and we both bought a piece of hand crafted jewellery made with semi-precious gems from a small stand on the counter.

We sat outside at a tall table in a shaded area and chatted over our delicious coffee.

From there we found our way to Woodford, which was a lovely, quirky and friendly little town. I bought a yellow bowl from a little secondhand dealer for $5 and further up the road, we found another little shop where we found some REAL bargains! This was my selection...


Just in case you're wondering, it's a silver ring.

The shop was called Rescue Recycle Reuse


The weather got darker and darker as we approached Esk and the decision was made that our final destination for the evening should be Toowoomba. We stopped for fuel in Kilcoy and I phoned ahead to book our accommodation for the night.

We are at the Downs Motel on Ruthven Street which was a very good price and we were given the last room at the back corner of the motel, so we are furthest from the traffic and the motel is situated just 1.5km from the Golf Club where we stayed the last time we were here.

The price of the room at the golf club was $15 dearer than last time, which we thought was a bit too high for our tight budget this time round, so we found this one for $70 less.

We did eat at the golf club though and their grilled chicken and veg with red wine jus was absolutely beautiful and really hit the spot.

It is very cold here in Toowoomba and also very wet!


The rain began this afternoon around 3pm and the temperature is currently 14C. Very nippy. I wore a COAT to dinner!! Yes!! ME wearing a coat!

Now it's time to sleep.

Nite all.  

No comments: