Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 6, 2017

Cup Day

I'm off to bed.

Tomorrow is Cup Day! Melbourne Cup Day, to be precise, and The Happy Abode is having a 'gathering' for champagne, nibbles, sweeps, essential oils and stopping for the big race.

This means that I have to be up early to prepare some of the nibbles before work starts and still be at the shop for coffee with the girls nice and early.

For the first time in 7 years, I'll be wearing a dress! For the first time ever, I will be wearing a fascinator!

There is still much to do in preparation and I need to be on the ball, so a solid night's sleep is a must.

All of you lovely local ladies who read this, and haven't been advised ... consider this your invitation!

Be there, wearing a fascinator, at 1pm. The remainder of your attire can be as casual as you please. We will play until about 4pm. You will be surrounded by friends.

I'll see you there!

Nite all.

No comments: