Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 5, 2017

A Little Better

My back has improved enough, after a nice back rub from Adoring Husband and about ten hours of sleep.

It's still tender and I feel a niggle, but it's much better than it was.

AH had SES duties this morning, so BGWLBH and I drove into The Bay to have some photos printed. I accidentally copied the wrong photo onto the USB stick for BGWLBH so unfortunately, she didn't get her photo.

My large Tawny photo printed beautifully.

We had a few hours to kill while we waited for the print, so we spent some time at the RSL Club which was a bit of fun.

After we picked up the print, we grocery shopped for the Melbourne Cup 'do' that we're having at The Happy Abode.

I know that I haven't told you about The Big Bash yet, but I just need some quiet alone time to really sit down and write - alone time seems to be a distant memory - there is ALWAYS something that needs to be done with alone time OR there is always something else that I WANT to do with alone time.

It won't happen overnight, but it will happen.

I'm still tired, so I'm off to bed for another early night.


Only two days of work left before the big road trip ... although I will need a day to prepare, so we will probably head off on Thursday. It's getting close!

Nite all.

No comments: