Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 21, 2018

Day Eleven of Chicklet Holiday

Today was voted, by Chicklet, as the best day of her holiday so far!

Of course, we started with our breakfast in bed and playing Sim Dragons.

At 10.30am, knowing that there was an incoming tide, we decided to go to the beach to collect some more shells and some sticks that we could use to build a shipwreck that will be part of our new dragon cave.

Sporting a bright orange bag to carry our selections in, Chicklet stood on the dry sand and watched me walk onto the wet sand.

"I'm not walking on the wet sand!" she called out.

"That's okay!" I replied "You can stay there. I'm going to splash in the puddles!"

She warily walked to the edge of the wet sand but did an about face and returned to the dry sand where she watched me walk further away from her.

I got so far away that I was feeling concerned I wouldn't be able to get to her quickly enough if anything happened and I turned to look at her just as she shrugged her shoulders and on the soft breeze, her words floated to me ...

"Well obviously Bozzy Wozzy isn't going to stop, so I may as well just go too."

She very carefully walked behind me and didn't even hesitate when she reached the big shin deep puddle that she had to walk through to get to me.

We walked together along the beach, sinking our feet into the muddy sand and laughing at the suction that made it difficult to lift our feet out.

We followed the toad fish into the shallows, watched some Whistling Kites fighting in the sky, copied the sounds of the seagulls, took the superhero pose together, laughed at the big dog dragging his owner by the leash along the beach and then we dared to walk into the deep water until Chicklet's knees were underwater.

She tried to move quickly through the water, but one foot slipped into a hole and suddenly she was down and completely drenched underwater. The look of shock on her face and the quick intake of air as the cold water washed over her chest, made me laugh out loud and then the expression on her face changed to one of pure joy and happiness.

She spent the next thirty minutes crawling around on all fours through he shallow waters, pretending to be a crocodile, as the tide came in. The water was bloody cold! But she loved it.

I phoned Adoring Husband and asked him to come pick us up in twenty minutes and bring towels!

I then had the problem of getting her off the wet sand and onto the dry sand to come home and it was only when she was worried that we would drive off without her, that she moved her butt.

A warm shower was in order when we got home and then a snack lunch of red capsicum, carrot, cucumber and celery sticks with peanut butter.

I crumbed some Snapper fillets for AH and myself .

We worked some more on our new dragon cave ...

Shells dangling from the ceiling of the cave.

Cave wall paintings - A mermaid (above) A sea serpent creating a mermaid chicken (below)

The bottom of the Sea Serpent cave decorated with shells so far and the tinsel splash.

One of the Sea Serpents - still a work in progress

... and tonight, Chicklet was so hungry, she just kept asking for more food. Capsicum, carrot, celery, cucumber, green beans, 2 boiled eggs, a big bowl of freshly made fruit whip ice cream with chopped strawberries and some shaved chocolate and then she asked for toast with peanut butter and THEN she asked for more ice-cream (which I denied her).

Bath time, cuddle time and then we remembered that we promised to send photos of our Sim dragons to Mama ...

... so we did that, which meant that she didn't fall asleep tonight until after 8pm. The last thing she said tonight was "Today was the best day EVER. I love swimming in the ocean!".

Pretty good coming from a little girl who in the beginning, didn't even want to walk on the wet sand!

Now it's already after 11pm and I need sleep.

Nite all.    

No comments: