Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Day Twelve of Chicklet Holiday

Today was almost a carbon copy of yesterday, much to Chicklet's joy.

Breakfast in bed with me and a couple of devices playing with dragons.

We had to walk to the beach today because Poppy Bluebarry was on SES duties until well after lunch, so we took the shortest route to the water and then walked right along the river path until we reached the sacred beach.

I was excited to be able to show her the two Tawny Frogmouths in the tree near the Seat of Knowledge. She has never seen owls or Tawnies 'in person' before, so she was pretty impressed.

I named all the birds that we passed and talked about the sort of food that they eat and how and where they nest. She seemed fairly interested.

By the time we reached the beach, she couldn't get undressed quickly enough and became a crocodile for the next hour. While I strolled back and forth along the shore in knee deep water, she crawled on all fours loving every second of playing in the icy salty liquid.

The only way that I could lure her out of the water, was to entice her into the shallower puddles that are scattered along the beach.

Poppy Bluebarry picked us up around 1pm and I carried a shivering little Chicklet wrapped in a towel to the car so that we could return home and stand under a warm shower to thaw out.

We ate a very large lunch with heaps of salad veggies, a boiled egg and an apple, had an hour of quiet time and then spent an hour working on the Sea Serpent cave ...

Mama phoned us from the border of Croatia this evening as she waited for their tour bus driver to sort out some problem with paperwork. She's certainly getting around!

Poppy Bluebarry has hurt his back again ... overdoing it in the back garden, so we have to try and be gentle with him for a while.

It's almost 10.30pm so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: