Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 24, 2019

S.O.O.O.

S.O.O.O. stands for State of Origin Overwhelm.

That's why I didn't do a blog post yesterday.

My perfectly delightful Sunday included some art and this shows the three stages of this piece ...




... some fish and chips from the cafe for dinner ... and a big loss for Queensland in the State of Origin.

Overwhelming disappointment at the poor standard of play by the QLD team and the excellent standard of play by NSW. A deserved win by the Blues. Bring on game 3!

Today was my first day off and I stayed in bed until 10am, took my coffee, the 3 psychotic dogs and Adoring Husband to the pool area and sat in the Winter sunshine planning our day.

We left for The Bay at 11.30am and drove to Pialba Place so that AH could buy a book to read while I visited Tinkerbells. (I planned on spending some time in Tinkerbells and he wasn't interested in joining me).

While he was searching for his book, I visited the shoe shop where I purchased a delicious pair of shoes *swoon* which I'll be wearing to the lady's lunch on Wednesday.

It was fortuitous that we landed a 'rockstar carpark' directly opposite Tinkerbells and AH made himself comfortable while I spent almost an hour in the shop. I chatted with Dan who co-owns the store with his Mum, Robyn and I bought a jade and silver ring, a deck of intuition cards called "The Secret Language of Light" and I put a beautiful citrine sphere on lay-by.

We talked about 'genuine' citrine vs 'heat treated' citrine - because I asked the question.  We discussed how quiet business is after the election - and how Tinkerbells have been helped by opening the new shop (a few doors up from the old location).

He showed me lots of his new jewellery and stock that is not on the shelves yet. He explained how the prices of semi-precious gems and crystals fluctuate all the time for no particular reason and he told me how much my two bracelets (blue kyanite and citrine) would sell for at retail (crikey!!).

I really enjoyed chatting with Dan about customers and their unpredictability and the frustrations they can cause sometimes. We shared some good belly laughs and then I realised how long I had left AH in the car and took my leave.

AH had been napping in the car lol. Who can blame hime.

We drove to Aquavue for lunch. It was disappointing. Firstly, it took 45 minutes for our food to arrive and then the food was not as good as it usually is. I have a feeling that there might be a new chef/cook in their kitchen because it wasn't THAT busy.

After lunch, it was time for Stocklands.

While AH had a hair cut, I had a pedicure. Interesting story ...

You know how they sit you in massage chairs while they work on your feet? Well this massage chair felt a little bit different to the usual massage chair! I have been to this particular nail place before and I have been to MANY different nail parlours in my time, but none of them have ever had chairs that massaged a certain part of the body that really shouldn't be massaged in a public arena! It was very specifically tapping and moving in THAT nether region! 😳😳😳

Very discombobulating and I wondered if they were going to charge me extra for this bonus?!

They didn't.

After that, I got myself my favourite Boost Juice - a Mint Condition. We bought some paint and some organza bags for the shop and our final stop was Coles for a few bits and pieces including restocking my coconut ice creams.

It was after 5pm when we arrived home so I cooked dinner straight away. Duck breast with our new favourite nosh up of potato, cauliflower, bok choy and onion all steamed and then fried in gallons of grass fed butter. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Gosh! Look at the time! It's heading towards 11pm. I'm off to bed. Coffee with the girls tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: