Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Good Try

I triked to the local hall with just $2 in my wallet, to attend the inaugural art and craft expo.

It felt strange viewing all of that art belonging to everybody else and none belonging to The Motivator or myself. We would have held our own in that company for sure.



There was a fantastic variety of arts and crafts including acrylic and oil paintings, fluid art, pencil and pastel sketches, pictures made of beads, hand made gift cards, scarves, children and dolls clothes, purses, jewellery, macrame, plant pots, pottery, wood work and the most amazing and detailed fairy houses made out of bits and pieces of everything.

It was frustrating not having the cash to buy anything!

I rode to the shop to cover for The Motivator while she got to view the expo too.

When she got back, I withdrew some cash 💰 from the ATM and returned to the hall to buy all the things that I’d wanted earlier!

I got some jewellery made of paper ...


A necklace from Corinne, a lady that I met at the Bowls Club about 18 months ago and whom I follow on Facebook ...


A macrame wall hanging ...


A beautiful hand made purse ...




A dragon with wings made of beads (for Chicklet). The lady who made it has a son with Cystic Fibrosis and she is trying to raise enough money for a special trampoline to aide in supporting and strengthening his body as he deals with the illness.



I also bought 4 gift cards.

There was also a piece of art that I wanted, but it was sold in the hour between my visits, so it wasn’t meant to be. I might attempt to create it myself because it was beautiful and simplistic and I think I can do it.

I was absolutely exhausted by the time I arrived home!

It’s hard work being so social! I ran into a LOT of people I knew, some that I hadn’t seen for a year or more, so there was a lot of catching up to do in quick time. Chatting with all the artists about their work, their inspirations and their methods. Discussing the possibilities of classes in our training room.

To wind down, I changed out of my good clothes, hung out some washing, washed the dirty butt of a psychotic dog and got my art on ...




I’m not sure how I feel about it yet and I may add to it tomorrow - otherwise I'll just paint over the top of it!

We had paleo pizzas for dinner and Adoring Husband has just gone to bed, so I think I'll sign off and join him. We've planned a big day of clearing bedrooms tomorrow in preparation for our visitors who will be arriving in less than two weeks.

I'm all worn out.

Nite all.

No comments: