Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Sunday not Funday

This was not my idea of a fun Sunday.

It started ok with Adoring Husband bringing celery juice, bone broth, tomato on toast and coffee during my first 90 minutes awake in bed.

He decided to mow the back lawns and do some maintenance work in the gardens, so I got up and spent almost 2 hours in the back bedroom making a start on the massive clearing that needs to be done in there.

I did a couple of loads of washing and changed the bedding, so I’m looking forward to sliding in between those cool crisp sheets tonight!

We watched two games of football, both of which had disappointing results for my tipping.

I cooked some chicken thighs in the oven in one tray and some veg in another tray. Brussels sprouts, red capsicum, eggplant, zucchini, onion, carrot, cauliflower, mushrooms, tomato, garlic and some little strips of bacon, all sprinkled with Himalayan salt and black cracked pepper. Ten minutes before they were ready, I drizzled two teaspoons of honey over everything.

With all of the scraps from the veg - core of the capsicum, head and tail of the carrots, onion, eggplant and zucchini, skins of the onion and garlic, the stem of the cauliflower and the outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts - I put them into a big saucepan with Himalayan salt and white pepper and simmered them for a couple of hours.

I strained the liquid and when the chicken was done, I added those juices to create a delicious broth which I had for dinner.

At one point, I walked outside and stepped into the pool. The water was cold but not painfully icy.

There is a dent in my ‘to do’ list, but there is also still much remaining 😳

On that note, I shall sign off and head to the shower. A clean body between clean sheets will be absolutely divine and make a nice end to my less than fun Sunday.

Welcome to a new week!



Nite all.

No comments: