Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Plans Changed

Woman of Many Talents has come down with the flu, so our lunch plans were changed.

After a great coffee morning, Mrs Bucket, Reality TV Queen and I headed into The Bay for lunch at the RSL. We ran a couple of errands before we got there and when we walked through the doors, our memberships needed to be renewed as well.

We had a flutter on the poker machines for 30 minutes before we ordered lunch. The only option for a plant based meal was a farmers salad, which was actually quite delicious. Cos lettuce leaves with quinoa, baby beetroot, cherry tomatoes, roasted pumpkin, Spanish onion, dukkah and dressing. It was very filling and tasted so good, I was quite disappointed that I couldn't finish it.

We all did a bit of a grocery shop before returning home and I bought myself the ingredients to make my own 'mint condition' juice that I usually get from Boost Juice.

I also made a quick trip into Truckloads and bought a couple more canvasses and some paints.

It was a really pleasant day with the girls and we arrived home before 3.30pm.

Mrs Bucket came inside to have a quick look at our pool area and was impressed, especially with the kitchen.

Instead of having an afternoon coffee, I made my mint condition juice.

For dinner, I made myself a guacamole dip to which I added grated carrot and chopped onion. I dipped some rice crackers and a couple of hot sweet potato chips into it. I was quickly full and had to put some of the dip back into the fridge.

There was still room for my coconut ice cream though 👍

AH cooked up some meat on the barbecue for himself and I made him a salad.

Now we are at 7pm and both of us are off to bed. I'm feeling pretty weary after my big day out!

I can feel the terrible caffeine withdrawals hitting me hard this evening - I may have to resort to drugs to relieve the headache if sleep doesn't come quickly.

I hope to spend another couple of hours in the back bedroom tomorrow and I could quite possibly do some art as a reward in the afternoon.

Tomorrow night is trivia at the club! Wahoo!

Nite all.  

No comments: