Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 4, 2019

A Working Day

Gale force conditions all day.

So strong that our very heavy shop door was blowing open and sometimes it felt like the big window panes of glass were going to implode!

The winds blew a few people along the driveway to our shop and some of them made purchases while others didn’t.

I did some ironing, had a quick visit from The Brains Trust, purchased some business cards and priced some stock to display. I also took some photos and posted on our Facebook page and Instagram.

The day went quickly!

When I arrived home, I changed out of my work clothes and began cleaning my studio/dining area. I made a big impression in an hour, filling my new tool box and the two 3 tiered trolleys. Now it’s all clear ready for my next masterpiece.

That was one end of the dining table!

Tomorrow will be the other end which is also a shambles!

My cousin and her son will be arriving on Wednesday for the touch footy carnival so there is still some work to do in the bedrooms.

I cooked a big tray of baked veg - potato, sweet potato, cauliflower, broccoli and brussels sprouts for Adoring Husband to have with his chicken.

I reheated last night’s leftovers for me AND I took the loose leaves from all the Brussels sprouts, lay them on a baking tray, sprinkled flaked almonds and salt over them and then drizzled some maple syrup over them. Cooked in a hot oven for 20 minutes which made the leaves crispy, the nuts crunchy and the maple syrup and salt caramelised. I could have eaten a bucket full of that!

After our very late bed time last night (midnight-ish), we are ready for an early one tonight.

I have the day off tomorrow so it will be a lazy start to the day 😍

Have a fabulous Friday!

Nite all

No comments: