Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Unfinished

I had my usual start to the day - in bed until about 10.30am.

Adoring Husband brought my celery juice and vegetable broth before he headed out to meet a mate for coffee.

Having listened to the beginning of an audio book called “Energy Medicine” by Donna Eden, I practiced some energy work on myself  until I felt energised enough to get out of bed and start on my ‘to do’ list.

I had to put some food in my belly first so I took last night’s leftovers and my water bottle out to the pool area, stood up to my ankles in icy waters and then sat in my egg chair to eat and drink.

Twenty minutes later I decided to get some more of the back room cleared, but twenty minutes into that and I remembered that there were sheets waiting to be hung on the line so I had to take clothes off the line first, to make room.

Part way through hanging the sheets I heard a delivery truck stop out the front, so I went into the house to check out the front window to see if we were the lucky recipients. We were!

AH had just arrived home so he greeted the delivery man, and the package was so big he had to get the trolley from the shed to wheel it into the house.

He then informed me that the package was for me!

He had ordered a very large tool box on wheels for me to store my art supplies!


We unpacked it, put the wheels on and brought it into the house for me to begin filling it and AH then left to pick up our FROG box of organic fruit and vegetables from Craignish.

He returned 20 minutes later and I stopped to check the goods.

I decided to make our afternoon smoothy - a mint condition with added kiwi fruit that came in the box.

At this point I had partly completed the bedroom, partly completed hanging out the washing, partly completed filling my tool box and partly completed emptying the FROG box!

There was now one hour left until I had to meet The Motivator for an appointment with a potential supplier, so I finished hanging the sheets and putting away the clean clothes while AH put the fresh produce in the fridge.

I made myself presentable. AH and I drove to the supermarket to do a quick shop and from there I walked to The Happy Abode. The Motivator and I drove to our appointment which took about an hour and she dropped me home.

It was a rush job to make dinner - potato and sweet potato bake, roasted brussels sprouts, carrots and eggplant with roasted chickpeas. Still no meat.

My head has been pounding from caffeine withdrawals so Panadol has been my friend!

I’m feeling pretty good meat free so far.

We picked up The Blonde Bombshell on our way to trivia and had a pretty lousy night at the table with little luck answering trivia questions. We came 8th out of 11 teams! Possibly our worst effort to date. It was still fun and the company was, as always, the best part.

It’s now well after 11pm and I’m working tomorrow, so it’s bed time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: