Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Miss Me?

Not a lot happened on Friday.

I did some more cleaning in the dining room/studio and the back bedroom, continued on my plant based way of eating. I ate a baked jacket potato with mushroom, onion and spinach for lunch. I’ve passed through the caffeine withdrawals so my headache is gone.

I chose to stay home from the club and was in bed at 7.05pm - before the raffles had even started!

I had Wimbledon on TV so that I could keep an eye on all the games, while watching “ Good Omens” on Apple TV. I’m on a one week free trial so I’ll try to watch the entire series before the week is up. It’s only $3.99 per month if I stay with it, but I’ll check to see if their content is worth it before I decide.

Even though I was in bed early, it was 11pm when I went to sleep and 6am when I woke. A good solid 7 hours!

I worked today because The Motivator was running a paint and create workshop. Very quiet in the shop, but the workshop was a success and the ladies will be returning in two weeks for the next one. Lots of fun and laughter coming from the room and I kept popping in to sticky beak often!

As soon as I arrived home the back bedroom took my attention for a bit over an hour. After that, my back was telling me stop, so I did.

We watched movies for the remainder of the afternoon. AH had a paleo pizza for lunch and I ate 3 mandarins. I’d eaten a biggish breakfast of plain coconut yoghurt with blueberries, raspberries and cashew nuts for breakfast so I wasn’t hungry for a big lunch.

I cooked up a chicken and vegetable curry with papadums for AH’s dinner. I scoffed a few papadums myself and a coconut icy pole - not healthful, but just right for me.

As I type this, I am in bed again! Wimbledon is on the telly and I hope to stay awake long enough to watch Ash Barty play. I doubt I’ll last. I’m feeling too cosy and with the intermittent rain showers and the cool temperature, it’s perfect sleeping weather.

I hope you all have a fabulous Sunday.





Nite all.

No comments: