Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 7, 2019

Like a Dog

Adoring Husband has been working like a dog today, preparing for our visitors next week.

I spent the entire morning in bed, reading, writing, studying and watching information videos - NOT about art for a change!

It took me a couple of hours in the afternoon to finish off the back bedroom and do some more at the other end of the dining room/studio. Almost done.

I really miss my art and I think I'll have to spend some time doing something tomorrow because I'm having withdrawals - I've just recovered from the caffeine withdrawals and now I'm having art withdrawals!

Speaking of which, seven days into my plant based diet and I'm feeling pretty good. I feel lighter and emptier, in a good way. I also don't feel as hungry. That is, I feel satisfied for longer.

Before, when I ate meat with my meals, I felt uncomfortable, but never realised HOW uncomfortable until I stopped eating it.

Now that the caffeine withdrawals are over, I feel clearer in the head.

I'm sleeping more soundly and for 6-8 hours each night, but that could be because I'm not having coffee in the afternoons.

I need more than a week to determine if these changes are related to the eating or just co-incidental. I'll keep you posted each week.

For dinner tonight, we both had a repeat of my lunch the other day. Baked potatoes with a gravy of mushrooms, onion, spinach, chilli, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes with roasted flaked almonds on top. Broccoli and zucchini on the side.

I enjoyed watching Ash Barty win her match convincingly last night. Thank goodness she won it quickly because I couldn't have stayed awake any longer!

I like the look of the young 15yr old Cori (Coco) Gauff from the USA and I hope she goes a lot further.

Now, I'm watching The Voice finale! Cya. Bye.





Nite all.

No comments: