Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Faux Coffee

Day nine of my plant based eating and today was coffee morning with the girls, but not many girls turned up and as The Motivator calls it now ... a 'faux coffee morning' because I don't actually drink coffee!

There were only six in attendance including The Motivator and I and I only stayed for a bit over an hour because there was much to do at home.

I cleaned most of the bathroom. I sprayed the shower recess with Oil of Cloves and have left it overnight to clean in the morning when I have a shower.

I emptied out the fridge and cleaned the shelves.

I cut open 42 empty paint tubes to scrape out the remaining paint and ended up with four small tubs full of paint! Two tubs of white, one of aqua, half of blue and half of greenI still have another 29 tubes to cut open.

I did some washing.

Tomorrow, we need to go into The Bay for some food shopping and some paint shopping and run some other errands.

Then I have no choice but to completely clear my dining room/studio because Adoring Husband thinks it's too cold to eat outside. He's right. 😳

Late tomorrow afternoon, my cousin and her son will arrive and we plan on an easy barbecue for dinner. Their touch football games are quite late this season and there will be games that don't even finish until 6.30pm, so I expect we'll be having some late dinners (we usually eat at 6pm) and some late nights, especially Friday night when we'll have other visitors here overnight.

This weekend is my photography workshop, so I need to get a good sleep on Friday night.

It was an excellent day of sales in the shop today and there seems to be a lot more people out and about this week, so we are breathing easy again.

We had a fun dinner tonight. Fun because Adoring Husband struggled with the finer points of wrapping a fiddly, wet rice sheet. We had a plate full of julienned avocado, red capsicum, cucumber, carrot, spring onions, snow peas, beetroot, mushrooms and mint leaves. We wrapped little piles of food in the wet rice wraps with a drizzle of chilli dressing.

It was bloody delicious and I think I ate about 8 of them! Adoring Husband had chicken with his, which he'd cooked on the barbecue.

For now, it's time for me to sleep because we have a big day ahead of us.

Nite all.

No comments: