Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Workshopping

It was midnight when I finally got to sleep last night.

Having visitors the night before running a workshop is not necessarily a good idea.

Still, I got to work at about 7.30am and had everything set up and prepared before the participants arrived.

I've got a couple of young ones in the class who are very clued up. They are beginners but amazingly quick learners and I had used the whole day's material before lunch time and had to dip into Sunday's material just to fill the day for them!

They had completed the exercises quickly with excellent results, practiced all of the methods a number of times on various subjects and were very confident and very happy with their own progress.

They said that they had learnt a lot in one day and were pleased with the first day of the workshop, so that's always a good thing.

They are also lovely girls and easy to teach, so I too, am enjoying the class and then to top it off nicely, one of them posted on Instagram how much she has enjoyed the workshop so far and mentioned The Happy Abode.

The older participants are not so impressed because the young ones are making them feel a bit slow and inadequate. I had to convince one in particular to return tomorrow and that I'd give her some one on one attention to catch her up.

Anyway, it was a good day, but I'm exhausted and am heading to bed as soon as I've finished here.

I was sad to say goodbye to my cousin Nellie Noo today. I thought she was staying tonight as well and was hoping to have some more D&Ms with her before she left, but circumstances changed and she left today. I hope she visits again soon.

It was handy having so much leftover food from yesterday and Adoring Husband and I pigged out on all of that for dinner. Little to no effort by me after such a big day.

I've had to spend some time creating some more course content for the young ones so my brain is feeling a bit frazzled now and I'm already looking forward to having Monday off!

The Motivator has to leave on Thursday to attend a funeral down south so she'll be gone for about a week. Not a happy time at all, but it's good that we can be here to cover for each other when the need arises and that we are happy to do it.

Now, I need some sleep. Have a lovely Sunday!

Nite all.


No comments: