Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Workshop Done

It was difficult getting out of bed this morning, being so chilly, being Sunday AND being a work day for me running the photography workshop.

But I got there an hour before the workshop began and had time to set up and organise the NEW course material that I had to prepare for those speedy young girls.

It seems that the old and the young traded places because unlike yesterday, the young ones lagged a bit this morning and struggled to keep up for the first hour or so.

At the end of the day, the participants thanked me profusely and were pleased with how much they had learned and were happily surprised with how relaxed the workshop was.

I think I can class it as a success, although one of the ladies declared that she would continue to use her camera on 'automatic' because she didn't want to fiddle with the controls all the time.  Hers was a smaller, older digital camera and I can understand her reluctance but it means that she basically just wasted $240.

I enjoyed teaching them all and it was worth losing my entire weekend of sleeping in and being arty farty to practice a skill that I've neglected for quite some time, and share it with people who were so keen to learn.

At the end of the day, Adoring Husband and I cleared the mess and set up the training room as it should be, washed all the dishes from morning tea, packed all my paraphernalia into the car and headed home to veg on the couch for the remainder of the day.

I'm mentally exhausted from the brain work, physically exhausted from the 90 minutes wandering along the beach and the path taking photos and assisting the others and then emotionally exhausted from sharing my time between strangers and the visiting family for three days.

Perhaps 'exhausted' is bit of an exaggeration. Give me a word between tired and exhausted ... I'm not quite 'exhausted' but I'm a bit more than 'tired'.

It's nice to have things back to normal now. Time to convert the back bedroom into a studio for me ... AND SOON because I CAN'T WAIT to get back into my art!

I love how chilly the weather has become again and how lovely it is to stay snug under the covers in the morning ... I'm gunna stay there for a long time in the morning.

I'm sitting here on the couch in my pyjamas and ugg boots ready to sign off and go to bed. I hope you all had a bonzer weekend!

Nite all.  

No comments: