Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

I'm Back!

It was tough going this morning having to get out of bed at 6.30am to be at work by 7.15am to open the shop ready for meditation.

I'm glad that I did though because it was a great day.

I've missed meditation for the last three weeks because I wanted to stay in bed and be cosy, but I really enjoyed this morning's session and catching up with the ladies who attend.

It was also fantastic to catch up with The Gypsy who I haven't seen for a month (except for yesterday at hooping).

The Motivator appeared a couple of times and we had a brief chance to chat too.

It was a good day for sales.

Adoring Husband picked me up after work and we drove into The Bay. We picked up the FROG box on the way in, then stopped at Tinkerbells so that I could pick up my Citrine crystal ball. We searched for weighted hula hoops, but I didn't like the ones at the sports store. Finally, we stopped at King Kong where I bought a few canvases for the shop AND for me, along with a handful or two of paints.

We arrived home at 5.30pm and it was straight to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Those delicious stuffed mushrooms again with a salad and some fried cubed potato.

We actually have the heater on right now. I must be acclimatising because I'm feeling the cold lately.

Today is day 17 of plant based eating for me and I feel great. It's not as difficult as I expected (because I've always loved meat) and all the horrible pain and discomfort that I was feeling after a meal completely disappeared by day ten. Meals have become pleasurable again.

I'm feeling good.

There have been no after effects of the hooping yesterday. My muscles are good. Just a little bit of tenderness in my mid section where the hoop, which is quite heavy, was battering me on it's way round and round and round!

Anyway, that's enough from me. Time for sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: