Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 19, 2019

Frantic Friday

Most of today was spent setting up the training room for the paint and create workshop tomorrow.

Adoring husband helped set up the tables this morning and I spent my time between customers covering the lazy Susans with glad wrap, finding all the tools and creating kits for each participant, unwrapping the canvases and adding the push pins, lining the bottles of paint along the centre of the table, finding a spot for the water tubs and writing a list of tools that I need to bring from home to make up the numbers.

In the last hour of the day, I created a piece of art in a style that is similar to the flower garden that I hope will please a couple of ladies who are not “into” flowery stuff. It can be easily adapted and or merged into the lesson to suit.

I had an unlucky night at the club tonight, though our table was lucky! Lady Lynn winning in the lotsapots, The Brains Trust winning $50 in a number draw and The Blonde Bombshell winning a corned silverside in the raffle.

Right now I’m tossing up whether to go create a quick piece of art or go to bed. Perhaps if I go to sleep early enough, I might wake up early enough to play?

Penrith are thrashing St George in the footy so it’s not worth staying up to watch the rest of the game.

Adoring Husband will be working the shop in the morning while I run the workshop so if there is anybody out there who wants to come say hello and ease his pain, please feel free!

Have a great Saturday!

Nite all.

No comments: