Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

A Bit of Hoopla

We had a lovely long coffee morning with eight of us in attendance.

After sharing news, we talked about religion and politics and gyms and gambling and many other things before everybody departed at 11am.

I hung around to try and catch up with The Motivator and all her news as well as work stuff, but lots of customers came through the doors.

An elderly gentleman whom The Motivator assisted last week came in to thank her for being so kind and then proceeded to give us business advice. He must have been about 90 yrs old and I know that he meant well but he was in the shop for about an hour and he had a hearing problem that prevented him from hearing the register of my voice.

This was kind of good for me because it meant that I didn't have to contribute to the conversation and simply stood and smiled through the entire encounter.

However, I had to leave before him so TM and I didn't get to finish our conversation.

I arrived home at almost 1pm to make a late lunch and do a few things before leaving on my trike at 3pm to make my way to the hoop dancing classes!

None of the ladies who I expected to be at the class were there! I still knew everyone there, not necessarily by name, but certainly by sight.

The class was amazing! I loved every second of it, even though I could tell within ten minutes that I was going to be in a world of pain the next day! I almost felt like I had internal injuries by the end of the class, but at the same time I felt exhilarated!

Who knew that you could use so many different muscles hula hooping?

Today I learnt how to hoop in both directions, how to stop the hoop from dropping to the ground without using my hands (also in both directions). How to stop the hoop the correct way with my hands and then immediately spin it in the opposite direction and how to take steps forward while continuing to keep the hoop spinning (that one was difficult and I need to practice).

We did stretches before the class began and we did a warm down at the end of the class.

The Gypsy (who was teaching the class) took orders for her hand made hoops before we all departed vowing to return next week with even more enthusiasm than today. There were ten of us in the class which was the perfect number for the space in the hall - it's quite amazing how much room one person with a hoop needs in order to hoop successfully.

I'm looking forward to purchasing my own hoop so that I can practice at home.

So a good time was had by all and it already feels kind of sad that the course only lasts for 8 weeks. I hope the beginners course progresses to a new level afterwards.

We had an easy dinner tonight. I took some leftover Parsee Chicken out of the freezer and cooked it for Adoring Husband with some cauliflower rice.

For me, I made a stuffed portobello mushroom. A big one. I put a dob of grass-fed butter on the mushroom and a handful of chopped shallots and fresh chilli, then a layer of semi sun-dried tomatoes which I poured some of Roza's pesto over and then sprinkled some fresh GF breadcrumbs over the top, followed by another dob of grass-fed butter. Cooked it in a hot oven for 15 minutes.

I wish I'd made two of them, because it was delicious!

I have to be up early in the morning to attend meditation and I'll be working. I hope my body doesn't make me suffer too much.

It's off to bed for me now.

Nite all.  

No comments: