Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 18, 2019

I Dunno

I have no idea what was going on last night.

I was asleep a little after 9.30pm and then I was awake at 2pm. For good.

At 2.30am I got out bed, made myself a cup of tea and took myself to my studio. This was the result ...

I thoroughly enjoyed the silence of the night as I worked away in my PJs and Ugg boots.

It was 4.15am by the time I climbed back into bed and I was still awake when Adoring Husband’s alarm woke him for work at 4.45am. I was still awake when MY alarm went off at 6am!

At 7am I jumped under the shower and spent a few extra minutes enjoying the hot spray.

We were at the shop, doors open and ready for business before 8.30am.

It was a VERY quiet day except for one gentleman who asked to see any photos that I had of kookaburras. I showed him the photos in my Flickr photo stream and he selected this pic ... 


It’s one of my earlier photos and not very impressive in my eyes, but he was willing to part with his cash for it, so I guess he thinks a lot more of it than I do!

He lives in Gladstone and will be back on Monday so AH and I closed the shop a few minutes early, rushed into the Bay to print the photo, then rushed to the framers to get the mat board fitted. The owner is going away next week and was busy finishing some jobs but offered to do my job on the spot for me. What a champion. We expected to make another trip in tomorrow to pick it up, so we really appreciated that gesture.

AH was so impressed with dinner last night, that we stopped to stock up on big mushrooms so that I could repeat the menu tonight.

I think my night of sleepless creativity is catching up with me now and I can hear my pillow calling out to me. I don’t think I’ll even see out the second half of the football and it’s MY team playing 😳

Have a fab Friday!

Nite all

No comments: