Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 15, 2019

Fairly Productive

I didn't stay in bed for as long as usual this morning.

I almost decided to go back to sleep at about 9.30am but instead I climbed out of bed and began to set up the dining room as my studio again.

Adoring Husband had different ideas.

Even though he was feeling like crap and his tremor was really bad, he decided that we would set up the back room as my studio.

We took the legs off the single beds and lay the beds on their sides against the back wall and placed an old doona cover over the top and then three boards over that where I can dry my art flat.

We lay a doubled over drop sheet on the floor and then a rubber mat in the doorway.

My big new red tool box fits beautifully inside the wardrobe, along with all of my blank canvasses.

My three tiered trolleys fit perfectly in the corner.

The big folding table sits very nicely in front of the window so that I have a lovely view of the pool while I'm working.

Over that, I put a plastic table cloth with a felt underside and then a blue tarp to catch the dripping paint.






I created two pieces of art this afternoon. One was a fail and the other was quite nice. so that's a good start.



The only reason I stopped was because I had to cook dinner. I had already baked a chicken yesterday, so I baked potato, pumpkin and sweet potato tonight. Steamed some broccoli and cauliflower. Sauteed some onion and Brussels sprouts which I added to the home made gravy. Then I added some chicken to heat up for AH and served him all that deliciousness.

For me, I took some of the broccoli, cauliflower, roast pumpkin and sautéed onion, put it in the blender with the vegetable water, olive oil, white pepper and Himalayan salt and blended it into a soup. I sprinkled chopped spring onions over the top and it was very nice and very filling.

For dessert, we had a small slice of the chocolate tart that I'd made for our visitors on Friday.

So the day was quite productive and we are both very tired, so it's off to bed for me.

Nite all.    

No comments: