Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Two For

NSW have won two State of Origin series in a row and they (and by ‘they’ I mean Adoring Husband) seem to be very excited by this success!

I think they have a long way to go before they reach EIGHT series in a row, which is QLD’s record. Not only that, but NSW won the ninth series and QLD won the next three after that.

So when NSW get close to that, they will definitely have a reason to be bragging/celebrating. Enjoy this mini success while you can AH.

We started our day in The Bay having breakfast at Aquavue. They have a delicious vegan option for breakfast. Baby spinach leaves, roasted sweet potato, seasoned chickpeas, roasted cherry tomatoes, hash brown, avocado, capsicum coulis and GF toast. I couldn’t eat it all!

We did a grocery shop and some art shopping for me AND the shop. I got the new Pete Evans book ‘Heal’ and some tools for art. We purchased some Boost Juices and headed home.

I finished clearing the dining table, which means my art studio is currently nonexistent and everything has been packed away and is being stored against the back of the kitchen bench until next week.

Sad face.

I made the bed in the rear bedroom, finished cleaning the shower recess, scrubbed all the paint off the tiles in the dining room, did two loads of washing, ironed some clothes, unpacked the groceries, stored away my art purchases, got washing off the line and folded it.

Sat outside in the pool area for about 40 mins.

Did baked potatoes in their jackets and a salad for dinner. When cousin Nellie Noo arrived with Big Bird, AH cooked up some steaks on the barbecue and we ate dinner and had everything cleared away before State of Origin began.

Noo and I have much to catch up on! Luckily Big Bird’s touch footy games don’t start til late in the day so we will have long mornings to chat.

For now, I need some sleep.



Nite all

No comments: