Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 8, 2019

Down and Out

Adoring Husband has come down with an injury of unknown origin in the region of his mid section.

It came on suddenly and is causing him considerable discomfort.

He's been working very hard and it could be a muscle strain but it seems to be growing. We'll see how it is after a (hopefully) good night's sleep.

The rooms are prepared for our visitors. We may have to eat outside because although the dining room/studio is quite clean, it is not completely clear and there is nowhere to put all the stuff - desktop computer, 5' high tool box, two 3-tier trolleys, stack of canvasses, drying boxes, lazy Susan, blue tarp and other stuff.

Having given AH a small hand with some chores, I concentrated my efforts on creating some art with the leftover paint in the little tubs and using two old canvasses that I didn't like the results of.




It was a pleasure to spend some time at the table and the new chef's blow torch that AH bought for me works a treat to bring out the cells in the paint...








I had to stop to prepare dinner. We had stuffed mushrooms and stuffed tomatoes. Stuffed with tiny cubes of cooked potato, sweet potato, zucchini, onion, capsicum, spinach, garlic and chilli, then topped with dukkah and cooked in a hot oven. A side of snap peas and green beans. I had some beetroot as well. AH cooked his steak on the barbecue.

AH headed to bed soon after dinner to hopefully ease the pain in his mid section.

So now I need to go clean the kitchen and make my way to bed. Luckily, there is a TV in the kitchen so that I can watch Ash Barty play while I work.

I hope to see all the lovely ladies in the morning for coffee.

Nite all.

No comments: