Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 30, 2019

Makes You Think

A ten minute video to make you think

Today has been a most interesting day.

I’d forgotten that The Gypsy had her last day using the treatment room on Wednesday, so it was a shock to walk into her empty room this morning and it triggered an emotional response for me!

A couple of other emotional moments during the day put me a little on edge, so it was a comment from a pain in the butt male (who has attempted to give me grief in the past), which was the straw that broke the camel’s back and I snapped, creating a small scene at the bowls club.

He deserved it, but the people at his table didn’t deserve to hear it. My language was not lady-like. I wish I had taken him aside and purged in private. But it’s done now.

On a lighter note, I won a meat tray in the raffle! Our table was very lucky with five of us having a win tonight.

Now I’m off to bed because I’m working tomorrow while The Motivator runs an art workshop with a bunch of teenagers, one of whom is celebrating a birthday. Should be fun!

I shall do a healing meditation before bed so that I can sleep with a clear head.

Nite all.


No comments: