Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Lesson Learned

All the varnish that I poured onto my paintings has cracked and split.

I’m deeply disappointed because I followed the instructions via a YouTube video made by a woman who sells her paintings at a high price.

I’ve now destroyed three of my best paintings.

Luckily they weren’t paintings that I’ve sold!

The lesson learned is to do it the way I know how to do it and they way I’ve had success in the past.

Meanwhile I created this one this afternoon and as soon as I posted it on Facebook, I received a private message from a cousin asking me to make a larger one so that she could purchase it for a gift for someone.


That’s three times I’ve posted a pic of a painting and it’s sold within five minutes! 

Weirdsville!

It was a nice day today, starting off with the girls for coffee morning and then some quality time with The Motivator.

I cooked up some lunch when I got home and then had the disappointing moment with my paintings.

It took me another moment to climb out of that funk and actually create something, but I was happy with the outcome.

I’ll be working tomorrow and was looking forward to meditation, but it’s been cancelled so I’ll just have to meditate at home before I leave for the shop and then spend the day manifesting another bonanza sales day!

Right now, I’m off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: