Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 13, 2019

Write Off

Thursday was a write off for me.

Nothing major, but one thing after another, after another so that my day was busy and full and exhausting.

I did some art, one of which is sold ...



Today, I attended a six hour retreat at “That Peaceful Place” near Torbanlea.

There were 18 women, including myself, in attendance.

Watching and listening to all of those women made me realise how far I have come in the last couple of years and I recognised my old self in so many of them. They really helped me feel like I’ve got my shit together (excuse the language).

These women recognise that they’ve lost their power somewhere along the way and they are ready to reclaim it. Today was a chance to learn about some useful tools to help them do that and to help them navigate their way through some of life’s challenges, be they physical, mental, emotional and/or spiritual.

Learning to drop the roles that we have taken possession of through our lives and finding a more meaningful and fulfilling way to live and love.

At the end of the day, even the young ones (in their 20s) had tears streaming down their cheeks. There were no tears from me, but I felt an intense joy that left me on a high.

There were lots of aha moments for most of the women and they were all feeling the love and so much gratitude for the life changing six hours that they had just experienced.

It was a great day in a beautiful location and The Gypsy has created a space that is so calming and healing and, as the name suggests, peaceful. I loved being there and I don’t know how she ever finds reason to leave!

If and when you’re ready to face your own blocks, triggers, vices and fears, this kind of retreat will change your life and give you the greatest feeling of empowerment. There were still a couple of rescuers there who weren’t ready to face their own stuff, but more than ready to help others face theirs.

People are so interesting.

I’m so glad I attended today, but boy am I exhausted!

Nite all.


No comments: