Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Happy Christmas!

Christmas Eve has been a very pleasant day.

I opened the shop at 9am and Adoring Husband checked our mail and dropped in a parcel before heading into the Bay to run some errands.

He also delivered a message from my girls who were waiting for me to arrive for coffee!!

Oops!

He minded the shop for 20 minutes so I could spend some time with them - not enough time for coffee, but time for some giggles and hugs.

The shop was busy all morning and by the time The Motivator arrived for her shift at midday, I was exhausted!

There was a quiet period for about 40 minutes and we exchanged Christmas gifts and Christmas hugs and created our Christmas video. Then it was time for me to leave.

I did some grocery shopping and could barely fit everything in my trike’s rear basket. My laptop wheelie bag, one bag of Christmas gifts, one bag of clothes, two bags of groceries and my handbag. It was a juggling act!

As soon as we arrived home, we had to return to the shops to get our afternoon coffee - we doubled up because we can’t get coffee on Christmas morning - these will be gently reheated in a saucepan in the morning.

I cooked up AH’s dinner of crispy skinned salmon with buttery asparagus and salad early because I had my movie date with Vegan Chickie and Chicklet at 5.30pm.

Just in case you don’t know, on Christmas Eve, wherever we are in the world, VC, C and I watch “Love Actually” together at the same time, texting each other our favourite lines and favourite moments throughout the movie. It’s a tradition we’ve been following for many years and we look forward to it every year.

After the movie finished, AH took me outside to the pool area to show me this surprise ...


Beautiful twinkling multi coloured lights all around the fence line! How cool is that?!

It’s now 10.30pm and I’m feeling quite weary. I’m certain that the big kid in the family will have me up early to open presents, so I’d best get some sleep.



I hope you all have a happy and safe Christmas enjoying time with the people you cherish. Feel the love and spread the love.

Nite all.

No comments: