Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 23, 2019

It Was a Bug

Well that was a nasty period of time lasting about 16 hours.

A tummy bug got me and floored me long enough to prevent me from opening the shop and working on Sunday. I sent Adoring Husband to the shop with a hand written sign and some sticky tape.

I spent the night sitting on the throne with a bucket on my lap, moving only to take a couple of cool showers to bring my temperature down.

Not a pleasant experience.

So to make up for disappointing any potential customers on Sunday, I opened the shop today for six hours and am very pleased that I did!

It was very busy and I would have stayed open until 5pm except I had four orders for photos so I had to go into The Bay to order them so that they would be ready on Christmas Eve.

Unfortunately, my regular framer is now on holidays until 7th Jan so that’s a slight problem, but fortuitously, when I phoned him to ask about his opening hours, he ordered two of my photos! He’ll be visiting The Happy Abode for the first time during his holidays so I know he’ll be sending people to us after that.

He already promotes us quite well, but with first hand experience, he’ll step it up a notch.

Our psychotic dog Colli visited the vet for some surgery today. What started out as a possible 2 teeth extraction, ended up being NINE teeth!

She has been fabulous through the entire ordeal ... and I say ‘ordeal’ because that’s what it has been for Adoring Husband ... but she has not behaved like a sick dog. She came home with a list of behaviours that we should expect after such major invasive surgery.

  • Drowsy
  • Will take a few days to recover - longer for older pets
  • Bloody saliva
  • Offer a small meal, but she will probably refuse it.
  • She will probably feel nauseas after eating.
  • She will probably not be feeling herself so be calm and loving
I’m here to say that she was NOT and is NOT the slightest bit drowsy. She appears to be fully recovered and is full of beans trotting all over the place. She was excited to eat her entire meal and went looking for more in the other dog’s bowls - no nausea. She is definitely herself, probably more so because she no longer has a head full of rotting teeth causing her pain!

It was a costly process, but nowhere near what we expected, so that was a pleasant surprise.

So ... 14 and still going strong.

Well, tomorrow is Christmas Eve and we expect it to be a big one at the shop, so I’d best get a good night’s sleep.

I hope you’re all feeling relaxed and calm and looking forward to spending time with family and friends.



Nite all.

No comments: