Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

It’s Here!

Christmas Day arrived right on time!

I got to stay in bed until about 8am and unusually had to get my own coffee, so I dressed and sat down on the couch with my coffee while the Santa of the house distributed gifts from under the tree.

We opened gifts randomly, so he opened some of mine and I opened some of his and we opened some of our own. We ripped everything open and threw paper all over the floor so by the time we finished ...


... worse than kids really.

Here are a few of my gifts ...








Yes! I am one lucky bee!

We made our own breakfast. I had chicken liver pate on toast and Adoring Husband had a bacon and egg sandwich.

I got a call from Vegan Chickie and Chicklet. We chatted for about 40 minutes, which was lovely.

The weather forecast predicted rain a storms for today so AH and I decided to get outside and make the most of the pool while we could. We swam for a while, played catch with the ball, soaked up the sunshine until it was time for lunch.

This was lunch ...


We played trivia for an hour or so, until psychotic dog Ruby was obviously struggling with a crazy itch that was out of control, so I took her in for a bath in her special shampoo, then lathered her in special cream. It still took a while for the itch to ease, even after the bath, but eventually she was able to relax.

By now, the storms were rumbling and drawing near, so we packed everything up from around the pool and I jumped in for a quick dip - very quick! In and out, just to cool down.

The storm was very brief but there was a nice drenching downpour. We needed it to last longer, but we’re grateful for what we got.

I received a call from Number One Son. Also really nice.

We’ve watched some mindless TV tonight - currently watching a great special on NITV about Sammy Davis Jr. I loved Sammy. He died way too young at the age of 65. What an incredible talent.

So it’s 9.30 pm and we’re ready for bed. Exhausted and happy. What a lovely Christmas Day I’ve had. I wish I’d had a Christmas call with Bubbles, but hopefully we can make up for it tomorrow.

I hope you’ve all had the perfect Christmas with friends or family or even alone.


Nite all.

No comments: