Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 21, 2020

No Escape

There seems to be no escape from the constant barrage of information, fear mongering and news updates regarding the current state of the world’s health.

It’s probably in our best interest to turn off the news and social media for set periods and enjoy the simple things in life for a while. Spend some time with friends and loved ones without discussing the news. Do something you love and free your mind for a while.


My art workshop was reduced from 6 to 2 for a combination of reasons including health issues, social distancing and inconsiderate husbands!

The two ladies that did attend were lovely and very creative.

The first one here was mine and I disliked it so much I scraped the paint off it and into the bin. This photo does it more justice than it deserves.








I was very impressed with the others.

I have no idea how sales went in the shop. I was too busy clearing up the training room to check.

Adoring Husband is not well so The Motivator drove me home.

I made him a big jug of fresh pineapple, mango and banana juice. Then I cooked up a big pot of chicken and vegetable soup of which he ate three bowls. He had chicken and vegetables for dinner and the last of the coconut ice cream for dessert.

He was still hungry and still giving cheek so I’m not too concerned about the state of his health. I’ll continue to pour nutrient rich food down his throat and hopefully he will heal and recover quickly.

I’m watching the 1945 version of the movie “The Picture of Dorian Gray”. There have been about seven versions of this movie. I saw a version of this movie years ago which I loved, but I haven’t found that version anywhere since.

Time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: