Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 15, 2020

Broken Rule

I couldn’t help myself and I spent the morning in bed working.

First of all, I had to contact Vistaprint to find out why their server was too busy to take my order and payment. After a frustrating conversation with a Vistaprint teleoperator, I discovered that the problem was in fact on the PayPal end of the transaction.

I fixed the problem and completed the order. ✅

I closed the old shop bank account over the phone and asked questions regarding the new one. ✅

I went to Roz’s Happy Place so that I could get the Google code to create my Google Business account. They phone the shop landline and issue a code which I then had to add to the account to verify that the business is mine. ✅

It was not as straight forward as I thought and I seemed to go around in circles for a while. When the new signage arrives, I’ll take a photo of the shop frontage so that I can use that as my profile pic.


I verified my paypal account by getting the secret code that they put into my bank account and added it to my paypal bank details. ✅

It’s all very ‘James Bond’ with secret codes and such.

I looked up the school holiday dates for Queensland and set some dates for future art workshops. ✅

One of the new tables that I ordered, arrived in the mail today so Adoring Husband put that together this afternoon. He also oiled the new timber kitchen bench.

My decision for new work hours for the shop is 9am - 2pm.




That was my day.

I’m looking forward to coffee with the girls in the morning so I’d best get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: