Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

This is it

There is a little language in this video, but this guy explains very well, the different levels of power that manage and control the riots in USA. It’s not at all how mainstream media portray it.



I was a good day at the shop.

The perfect start with a two hour coffee date in the back room with my girls, interrupted a couple of times by pesky customers (just joking) and once by a man who is new to Burrum Heads and is a photographer.

He was considering renting the vacant shop next to the bakery, but realises that the rent and expenses could never be covered by selling just his photography in this town.

He is going to sell at the markets instead. He’s quite a good photographer, but just like the other photographer in town, who posts on the community page, his horizons are all cooked and sloping - that’s my pet peeve!

Looking at his Facebook page, you can see his progress and improvement since he started his photographic journey and he could do well with a few tweaks here and there. Having said that, he has had a photo go viral on social media and it reached the news so he’s doing ok.

Lots of return visitors in town and I even received a phone call from a woman in Newcastle, disappointed that the borders are still closed and she can’t make her annual trip to our area, so she called to make a purchase over the phone! How cool is that!?

I paid a supplier over the phone so that my order could be processed and I emailed another order through to a different supplier. The next couple of weeks should see some different stock arriving in dribs and drabs.

Again, I was surprised when I saw Adoring Husband drive past the shop. The days pass so quickly!

I set up the training room by socially distancing the chairs ready for meditation In the morning and put the donation box out.

It’ll be an early start tomorrow, so I’d best get some sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: