Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 2, 2020

Rest Period

Today was a little quieter than the rest of the week.

Still good sales, but less customers.

I finished steaming, pricing and displaying all of the clothes.

I unpacked, checked, priced and displayed the other box of stock.

I partially set up the training room for the art workshop.

I tidied my desk.

I actually made some lunch and sat down to eat it.

Adoring Husband drove into The Bay for some pool supplies and while he was there, ran some errands for me, picking up some Floetrol for art and some big and small paper bags with handles from HBW.

It was a good productive day for me and late this afternoon I required a nap!

I got a couple of loads of washing done and I’m grateful for AH’s Friday night cooking.

We’ve watched a good game of footy tonight between Roosters and Panthers. Panthers won by a single point.



Now I need some sleep ready for a big day tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: