Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Wash Rinse Repeat

The exact same two hours were crazy busy again today and sales were within $20 of yesterday’s sales.

Meditation for the first hour - there is nothing new to say about how fantastic the first hour of Wednesday is in the shop.

A small group remained for coffee afterwards and I got to spend some quality time with The Gypsy before she left.

One customer took 90 minutes of my time - a lonely unhappy lady hungry for friendly conversation.

Two deliveries, one of clothing and one which I haven’t even opened yet, arrived during the day.

I steamed approximately one third of the clothes and got them onto the racks, which was lucky because I sold quite a few pieces this afternoon already.

I had a nice visit from The Motivator but we didn’t get much time alone together because another sad and lonely customer came in and intruded on our time.

Adoring Husband and I set up the room ready for tomorrow’s workshop in aromatherapy.

It was almost 3pm by the time we locked the door and headed home and I confess that I was feeling very worn out and in need of some restful, quiet, alone time.

Some days are filled with people who attempt to suck the life out of me - it’s up to me to find a way to counteract that otherwise I’m going to be in a lot of trouble! 😳

I must say that I’m sleeping very soundly at night!

We ate dinner at 4.40pm - pork sausages with home made tomato relish (thanks to The Motivator!) and a lovely fresh green salad.

I believe that our increasingly early dinners and our equally increasingly early bed times are confirming beyond all reasonable doubt that we are officially ... old!

It’s almost 7.30pm and I’m about to play Quiz time on BBC2 radio and then head off to bed.

Yup!

Old!






Nite all.


No comments: