Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

2 Hot Hours

I wore my new shoes today.

I was literally on my feet running, walking and standing for 5 hours and my feet felt like they were in slippers at the end of the day. 

I love my new shoes!!

Morning tea with the girls was animated and enjoyable and before they departed, they created a shopping frenzy that lasted for about thirty minutes. It was the beginning of an amazing sales day for me.

It was exhausting because all of the sales happened between 10am - 11am and 12.30pm - 1.30pm.

In between those times I priced and displayed a big box of Ivys bags and cleaned up the mess that doing that job created.

I set up the tables for the journaling class.

After the journaling class, Adoring Husband helped put those tables away to clear the room for meditation in the morning.

Unfortunately he also had some bad news to tell me.

One of our friends, who, in this blog, I call Grumpy Pants, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly this morning. You know his wife as our friend The Blonde Bombshell.

It was utterly shocking and completely unbelievable and I am still trying to process this dreadful news.

Even though I called him Grumpy Pants, he always had a positive mindset - especially considering the health setbacks that they have endured over the last couple of years after their big car accident - he was always ready for a big hug and always had something cheeky to say with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye.

We are all in shock, but we will all be here to help support Bombshell through this terrible time.

Grumpy Pants, we will miss your cheeky presence in our group and you have reminded us how fragile life can be, so we will hug our husbands a little tighter tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: