Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 25, 2020

Happy Christmas/Boxing Day

What a strange Christmas!

I received a call from Number One Son at 7.30am.

I don’t even remember what time I got up ... maybe a bit after 8am?

I made us a smoothie to start the day - pineapple, apple, raspberries, pear & coconut water.

We all sat down to finish last night’s Trivial Pursuit game. Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair won.

We started another game but at 9.30am I decided it was time to start preparing lunch.

With BGWLBH as my assistant, we made roast pumpkin, spinach and pine nut salad, sweet potato salad, coleslaw, thyme lemon and honey chicken drumsticks, thyme and lemon zest chicken balls, grated fresh beetroot and carrot and finally, a mixed salad.

We had ham, prawns, sand crab and Adoring Husband cooked a roast pork on the barbecue rotisserie.

So much food! It took us three hours to prepare and fifteen minutes to eat!

We then opened our Christmas gifts.

At that point, 2.30pm, we decided to have a little rest and join together later in the afternoon.

I lay on the bed and promptly fell asleep.

I heard the home phone at 5pm but couldn’t get up fast enough to answer it. Vegan Chickie had been trying to contact me all day, to no avail.

AH had climbed into bed at about 4.30pm and that’s where he stayed, sound asleep until after 7.30pm.

BGWLBH put together some leftovers for her dinner but I was still sated from lunch. While she ate, I attempted to put together my new water filter but I discovered that the whole process takes about 48 hours so I didn’t get very far.

BGWLBH suggested that we walk over to Cheelii lagoon with our cameras to capture the sunset. Great idea until I discovered that my battery was flat! I used my phone to take these ...



Then the bats put on a show ...


When AH finally appeared, we sat down to finish our trivia game. AH was winning comfortably when he gave up and sat in the lounge room. BGWLBH and I finished the game and she easily won again. I told her that the greatest gift I could give her was the gift of winning.

I’m not sure what our plans are for tomorrow but it’s time to sleep for me now.

It’s on its way to midnight!

I hope you’ve all had a lovely Christmas Day. For the first time, we had noisy neighbours on both sides of the fence so we remained indoors.

Nite all.


No comments: