Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Alive and Well

Today, after three days in hospital, Adoring Husband came home.

Obviously he is much improved from Saturday when he was delirious and agitated with a raging temperature.

He still has that nagging cough, but at least all of the tests they did revealed nothing sinister, so hopefully the medication that he’s been given will clear it up. The UTI seems to be gone so it should be all good from here.

I broke all the sales records today!! It was amazing and busy and joyous all day with very happy people excited about the festive season. I even had a few men purchasing gifts for their wives. It was a great day.

Beautiful Girl With The Long Blonde Hair drove me to work and helped me open the shop this morning and this afternoon drove me into The Bay to pick up AH from the hospital. She drove me to do AH’s job and sat in the car waiting for me to finish, helped me prepare dinner and then drove us all around town looking at Christmas lights.

She is my champion and I’m not sure how I can adequately thank her for all that she has done and is still doing for us.

It’s 11pm and I’m exhausted so it’s sleep time for me!

Nite all.


No comments: