Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 26, 2020

Winner Winner

Finally!

I won a game of Trivial Pursuit against Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair and Adoring Husband. 

It was close ... three ways.

I had a king prawn and crab feast for breakfast at about 9am and followed that up with a smoothie - strawberry, raspberry, pineapple, banana and coconut water.

The pool water was too chilly for swimming so we played trivia at the dining table while munching on fresh watermelon slices. It was a long game! 

After the game we all made our way to the beach for a grounding walk in bare feet. It was busy with tourists and very windy but so refreshing and invigorating. We all enjoyed that.



Of course dinner was left over Christmas food so we spread it right across the table and hoed in quickly so that BGWLBH and I could race over to the lagoon for some bat shots at sunset.

We got there a little too late, but I managed a couple of shots of the bats 🦇 swooping into the water for a drink before they flew off for a night of feeding. They seemed to fly north.






Now it’s 8.30pm and AH and I are laying in bed watching Singing in the Rain.

I’ll be opening the shop tomorrow for reduced hours so it’ll be an early night for me. Hopefully, there’ll be a trip into The Bay afterwards - or maybe Monday.

It’s exhausting being on holidays!

Nite all.

No comments: