Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Extremes

What a day.

I woke this morning and realised that my fridge desperately needed cleaning - especially because Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair was arriving today. So I climbed out of bed early and took almost an hour to pull all the food out, wash all the shelving and drawers and replace the fresh food and toss the old stuff.

I got to work and sat for 90 minutes before a customer walked through the door! I had to speak very assertively to the universe about providing some customers for me and thankfully, I received an excellent response.

It was a good sales day!

BGWLBH surprised me by bursting through the door at about 11.45am. Hugs and happiness all round!

Adoring Husband surprised me by phoning at 12.30pm to tell me he was not well after mowing the lawn and couldn’t come to help me close the shop.

BGWLBH helped me close the shop.

We arrived home to find AH in bed, in pain and cramping badly all over his body. His tremor was dreadful and he was incapable of getting out of bed.

I gave him fluids and painkillers and let him sleep for a while. When he woke, I gave him a small tuna salad which he ate. He slept some more.

BGWLBH and I went for a swim and sat in the Bali hut catching up on some of our news.

She went for a walk and I cut up some watermelon and pineapple for AH.

I prepared a dinner of curried chicken and vegetable soup which everybody ate but soon after AH began cramping again.

He was in a lot of pain. He had a temperature. He became agitated and confused. He couldn’t get comfortable in any position sitting or laying on the bed. He asked strange questions, couldn’t find the light switch for the light and his tremor was off the charts.

I asked him if I should call an ambulance and he asked me why?

I called the ambulance at 10.30pm.

They have taken him to hospital.

I suspect he has heat stroke or sun stroke. 

BGWLBH is sleeping after two days of intense driving and doesn’t know what transpired here tonight so I won’t disturb her until I hear from the hospital or from AH because we will have to pick him up.

*sigh*

So it has been a day of extremes. I’m exhausted. I’m also worried about AH being in Hervey Bay hospital but beggars can’t be choosers and I have to trust that universe is supporting us well. I’ll be happy to get him home.

Tempting to partake of a beverage about now 😳

Nite all.

No comments: