Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Turnaround

Today was one for the books.

My busiest time at the shop is usually between 11am - 12pm-ish.

People rarely come through the door after 1pm.

Today my busiest time was between 12.30pm - 2.30pm.

It was a very good sales day and FINALLY the linen clothing arrived!

The Motivator was working in the treatment room today and after her morning appointment, we chatted and caught up with our news.

I sold some more of my art! Wahoo!

We locked up the shop at 3pm and I pedalled home in the heat to find Adoring Husband doubled over the dining table with severe cramps in his hands! So my first job was to massage his hands and forearms.

He had SES tonight but his constant cramping prevented him from attending.

Chicken and salad for dinner, followed by a couple of cheesy Netflix Christmas movies.

Now it’s time for bed.

But first, I’m thinking these might be fun for Christmas!

Nite all.

No comments: