Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Jump In

I jumped into the new week big time.

I was hoping to get in to work really early to clear the training room but the morning moved a lot faster than I expected and by the time I was ready, it was already 8.20am.

Some of the paintings were still wet so we left a table up to accommodate them until they dry.

We set up the small table for morning coffee before opening the shop.

There were six of us at the table but the energy was muted and I think all my girls are exhausted from caring for sick husbands as well as dealing with their own health issues. It’s been a draining year - even without taking COVID into account.

I think we’ve all coped really well until now, but we are feeling fragile and desperately need some self nurturing.

It was a very slow sales day and my delivery of lovely linen did not arrive as expected.

This afternoon was the final journaling class for the year which meant drinking beverages - I tried Pear Cider for the first time which was quite nice. Not something I would drink on a regular basis. We each brought a plate of nibbles and while we did discuss journaling for a while, we spent more time talking memories - which really is what journaling is all about.

I enjoyed that couple of hours very much.

All those nibbles filled my belly enough that I didn’t want dinner. AH also passed on dinner so it has been an easy afternoon.

It’s now 7pm and we are packing up and heading to bed already.

I am open to the universe providing abundant sales tomorrow, Wednesday! So I will sleep and build enough energy to cope with such abundance!

These are my new hippy pants that I absolutely adore! 

Nite all.

No comments: