Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Feeling Weary

What a day!

Meditation was two short of a full house and was a fairly intense class that had me struggling to stay focussed. 

My mind often wandered to examples in my life of what The Gypsy was teaching and I had to make a concerted effort to bring my wandering mind back to the present to hear her message.

Afterwards, some of the ladies remained in the room for a chat, while I had a chat with The Gypsy at my desk.

A regular customer of both The Gypsy and myself came in and entertained us with some very animated conversation.

The moment that she and TG left, a sales rep came through the door ... right on time ... but I had forgotten he was coming. This meant that I had to ask the girls to leave the training room so that I could set the table up to display his many wares.

Before the ladies left, I invited one of them to take on the cleaning position that became available last week. She very happily accepted and we agreed for her to return this afternoon.

The next 2.5 hours was filled with selecting from a range of men’s and lady’s leather wallets, handbags and backpacks, fine jewellery (rings, pendants & bracelets) pewter figurines and more.

A small selection of what I’ve ordered ...


















The cleaner arrived before the rep had left so I had to shuffle him out the door so that I could show Middle-aged Hippy what her tasks were.

No sooner had I finished giving her instructions when a delivery of giftware arrived.

I chased my tail for the last 45 minutes of the day and I was feeling very grateful when it was time to close the shop.

I started to write a ‘to do’ list because there were some important tasks that I didn’t get to and I’ll need to complete first thing tomorrow.

My budget has gone out the window for this month and now I need to quickly manifest a measure of wealth to cover all of my expenses - expected, unexpected, planned and unplanned!

I’m not concerned because the universe always takes care of me.

We had a mighty storm during the night that woke me before it even hit but the sound of heavy rain on the roof soon put me to sleep. Since Monday, our rain gauge shows 70ml. The pool is VERY full!

I am worn out so I think I’ll go to bed to watch MAFS.

It will be another big day tomorrow with more stock due to arrive.

At least the weather should be fine so the rain won’t scare people away.

Nite all.



No comments: