Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 21, 2021

A Day of Frivolity

For a Sunday, it was an early start for me.

That didn’t matter though because Adoring Husband was kind enough to sleep in the back bedroom last night and I enjoyed 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep!

It was a frantic morning preparing for my Lorraine Lea party and making sure the pool area was presentable, the food platters were prepared, the cocktails were mixed and the toilet and bathroom were spick and span. 

At 10.30am the party presenter arrived and set up around the pool.

At 11am the girls all began arriving.

There were 11 of us all squeezed in for the presentation ...


Four hours, a platter of food, a pitcher of Margarita mix, a jug of pina colada and 4 bottles of wine, with some of us swimming in the pool and some sitting on the edge and just dangling their legs.

There was lots of laughter, some spicy and loud conversations, some arty plans for the next class and some retail therapy purchasing Lorraine Lea products.

AH and I shared the second fruit, cheese and cracker platter for dinner because there was no way either of us was in the mood for cooking.

After we cleared the pool area of party fare and mess, we watched the football in air conditioned comfort.

Now I get to choose a free set of towels, $100 worth of product and 25% off any purchase over $200. I know exactly what I want!

I’ll be attending another party next weekend - I still have a list that is slowly reducing. I love Lorraine Lea products.

I think it’s sleep time for me now. It’s been a big day.

Nite all.

No comments: