Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 22, 2021

I Love Monday

Eight hours of very interrupted sleep. 

I don’t know why it was interrupted but at least I immediately fell back to sleep each time I stirred.

While I planned to remain in bed all day, I actually got up at 9am to put food in the oven and once it was ready, I stayed up and watched Netflix movies. 

Adoring Husband dozed on and off in the chair beside me.

We drove to the shop at 3pm and spent an hour clearing the art from the training room, folding up the tables and setting the room for both morning tea and the journaling class.

Since I had to vacuum the art room, I took the opportunity to do the entire shop.

I prepared Barramundi and salsa salad for dinner.

Now it’s 7pm and I’m already yawning.

I’m looking forward to an abundant week with some new clothing arriving, some giftware and possibly some jewellery. I ordered some glassware, but for some reason they returned my payment and cancelled the order ... must connect with them tomorrow to find out why.

There are a couple of reps visiting this week too. They’ll keep me on my toes!

I wonder what the weather will do?

The rest of eastern Australia is being ravaged by disastrous floods but we are still hoping for some drenching rain!

Theses floods might have a huge effect on our Easter tourist season too.

There is always something.

Bushfires, Covid 19, drought, cyclones and floods.

Anyway, I hear my pillow calling me.



Nite all.

No comments: